- If the workstation where you are trying to listen to the call doesn't have an audio device attached, please try the playback on another machine where at least one audio device is configured.
- If you have an audio device connected but the playback still has not started, please check the format of the media files. If the calls are recorded in the Verba Media Format, then you have to install the Verba Media Codec. Please refer to the following article: Installing Verba Unified Media Codec
- Make sure that the Windows edition you are using contains the Windows Media Player, and Internet Explorer has the Windows Media Player plugin.
- If you are trying to playback a video, desktop or screen share recording, but the Verba Media Codec installation is not possible, then it has to be converted to Windows Media MPEG4 (.wmvmp4) format first. Use the File Format Selection Pane on the left side of the player.
Chrome and Firefox
Make sure that the Verba Media Stream and Content Server service is activated and started on the Media Repository server. Please refer to the following article to verify the service state: Service control and activation
Please refer to the following article for playback support: Web-based media player and viewer
When you try to open Verba player to listen to a conversation, an error message is shown, that contains a link to this article.
In this case, the player is not able to find or connect to the Media Repository server.
- Make sure that the Firewall on the Media Repository server is turned off or an allow rule is defined for ports 10105 and 10106. (These are the ports where the Media Streamer is listening for player connections)
- If your company is using an HTTP load balancer or HTTP proxy, make sure that these nodes are configured for session stickiness for ports 10105 and 10106 and these ports are not blocked on the components.
- If you are trying to playback a video, desktop or screen share recording, then it has to be converted to MPEG4 (.mp4) format first. Use the File Format Selection Pane on the left side of the player.