- the web interface of the Verba Recording System is unavailable
- central recording solutions for Cisco and Avaya phone systems are recording, but are not inserting calls into the call database
Due to a JDBC driver incompatibility the Verba Web Application Service and other Java-based database services are not able to connect to Microsoft SQL Server when the system is installed with Java 6 Update 29.
Update to the latest Java Runtime version 6. The recommended Java version is Java 6 Update 45.
If Java 6 Update 29 is installed on your system, please uninstall it before you install another Java version.
This applies to the following versions of the Verba Recording System:
- Verba Recording System 2010 (Verba 5.0)
- Verba Recording System 6
- Verba Recording System 7
This also applies to
- Carin IP Call Recording 3.5
- Carin IP Call Recording 4.0
This issue seems to be caused by a J6U29 change in the behaviour of the standard java.net.SocketInputStream class, that breaks the communication parts of the JDBC driver. See the related Java bug report on the Oracle Sun Developer Network: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7105007