OverviewThe Verba media player is a feature-rich multimedia tool that supports easy in-depth analysis of media recordings.
- Audio and video playback
- Full playback control
- Volume control
- Speed control
- Channel (left/right) control
- Waveform display
- Timeframe selection
- Marker creation and management with commenting
The player is an embedded Windows Media Player (Active-X component) or uses HTML5 audio/video depending on the browser, with a fully customized layout and control.
The player is available on the Web Application (minimized at the bottom) when a call record is selected for playback.
Playback support in browsers
|Internet Explorer 8 and below||Internet Explorer 9 and above||Chrome 14+||Firefox 21+||Safari 6+||Chrome 14+||Firefox 26+||Chrome 14+||Firefox 24+|
- For Internet Explorer 8 and below, the audio and video playback works with Windows Media Player ActiveX component
- For Internet Explorer 9 and above, the video playback works with Windows Media Player ActiveX component
- For Firefox on Windows, the video playback works with Windows Media Player ActiveX component with plugin1
- For other browsers, the audio and video playback works with HTML5 audio and video capabilities using automatically transcoded mp3 and mp4 media files.
1 The plugin can be downloaded from: http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx
You can test whether the required components are properly installed or not, by clicking on the waveform icon left to the Verba Player title in the top-left corner of the player frame. This test feature is only available when a recorded media file is selected to play from a call list. If one of the required components are not properly installed the test will fail.