If the Recycle Bin is enabled on the Recording System the deleted calls via the Web interface first goes into the Recycle Bin which is defined as a StorageTarget Folder and the 'Delete' Data Retention policy gets a new feature that move the deleted calls first into the Recycle Bin. The Data Retention policies also have a different policy which handles the sate of the Recycle Bin.
The Recycle Bin feature replaces the old delete button on the Search panel , this button sends the desired call into the Recycle Bin.
Turning on Recycle Bin for a specific user
After the administrator enables the Recycle Bin feature, on the user rights form will appear a new user right which allows the user to use the Recycle Bin
Using Recycle Bin
By checking in the Recycle Bin right, user will see a few changes on the user interface:
- New options on the Search Criteria Panel:
By using this options the user are able to:
- Hide Recycle Bin: The calls which are found in the Recycle Bin so the Search result won't show the deleted calls
- Show Recycle Bin too: All deleted and non-deleted calls are showing up in the search result
- Show Recycle Bin only: Just the deleted calls are in the Search result
- New default Data Retention Policy 'Purge Recycle Bin' which deletes the calls from the Recycle Bin by default older than 1 year. This policy is not allowed for deleting but it can be disabled.
- New options in 'Delete' Data Retention Policy which allows user to move the calls into Recycle Bin instead of deleting them permanently.
- New default Storage Target Folder which is editable but not allowed for deleting
With this new features the users are able to move the calls into the Recycle Bin.
Restoring or deleting calls
If a call is moved into the Recycle Bin it is possible to restore it.
In the Search Panel there is a new button at each call which is in the Recycle Bin it is the 'Restore' button.
There two ways to delete the calls from the Recycle Bin:
- The first is the Data Retention Policy mentioned above.
- The second is the Delete button on the Search Panel at the call.