In the system, ongoing conversation recordings can be listed by selecting the Conversations / Ongoing submenu. The group level and administrator privileges decide whether or not this function can be accessed and which ongoing recordings are displayed.
The followings apply to ongoing conversations:
- The page displays conversations that have no end date set (yet).
- Information obtained or calculated at the end of the conversation is not available: e.g. Duration, End Date, End Time, End Date-Time.
- The conversation cannot be played back unless it is trader voice recording where call splitting is active.
- The conversation cannot be downloaded (nor individually or using the multi-record download).
- Silent monitoring can be invoked on ongoing voice conversations.
- Recording can be started or stopped for voice recording if controlled recording is configured, see Using the start/stop controls .
- Recording can be paused or resumed, see Using the pause/resume controls.
- Ongoing chat conversations are displayed for integrations using the standard data model, but integrations using the advanced chat data model are not (e.g. Microsoft Teams). For more information, see Data models.
- Labels and legal holds can be added to conversations.
- Conversations can be added to cases.
- Custom metadata can be entered and attached to ongoing conversations.
- E-mails can be sent with a URL link pointing to an ongoing conversation.
Refreshing the page
To refresh the ongoing conversation page only once, press theicon.
To refresh the ongoing conversation page periodically first, check the Auto refresh checkbox and select the appropriate timer interval from the drop down menu in seconds. To turn off the automatic refresh, uncheck the Auto refresh checkbox.
Using the start/stop controls
The start and stop controls allow users to control the recording. In order to use these controls, the controlled recording mode must be configured for the recorded extension associated with the user (not all integrations support controlled recording).
When controlled recording is enabled for the extension, the system will automatically create a "control or placeholder" record in the database which will be visible on the ongoing conversation page.
Every time the recording is started, a new record is created in the system. Subseqent start/stop controls will create multiple records in the system, which will not be stitched together.
To start the recording, press thebutton. The system immediately creates a new record in the database for the ongoing recording. The page will keep displaying the original "control" record too (there will be 2 records, the original control record, and the new recorded call record).
To stop the recording, press thebutton on the control record. You will notice that the recorded call entry will disappear since the recording has stopped for the call.
Using the pause/resume controls
The pause and resume controls allow temporarily stopping and restarting the recording, essentially muting and unmuting the recording during a live call. Users must have Mute Recording permission, and the feature is only available for voice recordings. The pause action will not stop recording entirely, and there will be no new record created when the resume action is triggered. The system still creates a single recording where one or more segments are muted and substituted with silence.
To pause the recording, press thebutton.
To resume the recording, press thebutton.