Search or List Communication Policies
To view the configured communication policies, navigate to the Communication Policies in the Verba web interface Policies > Communication Policies.
The list displays the following information about each search phrase
- Sequence - The policies will be evaluated one by one based on the sequence number assigned to them. The evaluation starts with the lowest sequence number and goes in ascending order. If there is a block or an explicit allow action defined for the certain action in a policy, then the engine stops, no other policies will be evaluated.
- Name/Description - Description of the policy, it is used by the administrators to search the database.
- Participant A/B - Party A and Party B between whom the given policy will be enforced.
- Content Policies - Content policies assigned to the given communication policy. For more information see Content Policies.
- Channels - Shows if a certain policy enforces this type of communication
Presence - Shows if the presence of party A/B is visible to the other party
IM - Shows if Party A and B can send instant messages to each other
Voice - Shows if Party A and B can communicate with each other via voice channels
Video - Shows if Party A and B can use video calling to contact each other
File Transfer - Shows if Party A and B can send files to each other
Screen sharing - Shows if Party A and B can use screen sharing
Data share (Conference) - For Skype for Business (Lync) there is the option to restrict the use of Polls, Whiteboards, Power Point presentations, OneNote note sharing and File attachments in conferences
Adding New Communication Policies
For more information refer to Manage Communication Policies
Show Inactive Policies
It is possible to activate or de-activate a certain policy. You can do this via a checkbox on the page where you define a certain policy. To see how to do this, go to the Manage Communication Policies page.
Deactivating a policy means that you invalidate the policy, it will not be deleted, you can restore it anytime you want.
Inactive policies do not show up by default when you list all policies.
Clicking on the Show Inactive Policies button at the top right corner of the page, you can see all the records, including the inactive ones.
After this the button changes to Hide Inactive Policies, and until you switch back to the default mode, you will be able to see the inactive ones.