Overview of installation typesIn your Verba Recording System you have components for media repository, network-based recorders and desktop recorders. Correct installation is crucial.
Step 1 - Prepare your server
Prepare your server based on the following steps:
For all installation types you will start with the following steps:
- Unzip the Verba Install Kit
- Run the autorun program, it will open the installer framework window
- Click Open Prerequisites Installer Tool under point 2 Install Prerequisites
- Install all missing prerequisites from top to bottom
We recommend you turn off
Step 2 - Install SQL Server
Please refer to the SQL Server installation article.
Step 3 - Install the Verba software
Your Verba Recording System can have one central component, the Media Repository and multiple Recording Servers.
The following diagram shows the major installation steps for the three major Verba installation types:
- Installing the Verba Media Repository - Database and the web application without the recording engine
- Installing a Verba Recording Server - Recording engine without database and web application
- Installing a single server Verba solution - When the Media Repository and Recording Server are installed on a single server
Server installation overview
The following topics guide you through the installation: