The Verba Ethical Wall for Skype for Business (Lync) uses the following connections to the Skype for Business (Lync) platform:
- Trusted application on the Front End Servers - a filter is processing signaling for presence blocking, session blocking, and disclaimers
- UCMA application - used for notifications
- The Verba Ethical Wall and the Verba Ethical Wall init have to be registered in the Skype for Business (Lync) environment as trusted applications. The required commands can be found under the "Verba SfB/Lync Communication Policy Service" section in the Installing the Verba Skype for Business - Lync Filter article.
- If the notifications are required then the Verba Announcement service needs to be installed and configured. For instructions, please refer to the Installing and configuring the Verba SfB - Lync Announcement service page.
- At least an empty policy (allowing all communications) has to be created. For instructions, see Manage Communication Policies.
Configuring Verba components
Front End Servers
The actions described below need to be completed for each Front End Server.
Step 1 - In the Verba Web Application navigate to System \ Servers
Step 2 - Select a Front End Server
Step 3 - Click on the Service Activation tab
Step 4 - Activate the Verba SfB/Lync Communication Policy Service, using theicon at the end of the line
Step 5 - Click on the Change Configuration Settings tab
Step 6 - Under the Skype for Business/Lync Ethical Wall -> General section set the required settings:
|Server Version||The version of the Skype for Business/Lync environment||Lync Server 2013|
|Verba Announcement services||The announcement services, one in each line. Required if notifications or Session termination if Chaperone leaves is configured in the Communication policy panels. The format is:announcement_server_hostname:10211|computer_gruu||testucma1:10211|sip:firstname.lastname@example.org;gruu;opaque=srvr:trainingannouncementapp:LOqq58liLV2IFR7QVbfv4QAA|
|Block Additions to Contact List|
Blocks the addition of the queried users to the contact list. The possession of the remote user's full SIP URI allows the user to add the remote user to the contact list. This setting prevents this functionality.
Default Value: On
Step 7 - Save and apply configuration