Verba 8.5 is now officially certified Speakerbus recorder partner. Verba Unified Call Recorder service provides a handler to Speakerbus iCDS (Internetworking Call Data Service) call event streams and to record media.
Verba can act either as client connecting to configured iCDS services or act as server accepting connection from any iCDS service.
Verba side settings
- ICDS Addresses: list of ip:port of iCDS servers Verba should connect. Please note this is required only if Verba cannot be configured as iCDS connection server for some firewall considerations.
- iCDS port: Verba listens by default on TCP 7788 to iCDS connections. The preferred and default operation mode is acting as server
- Station Timeout: drop registered turret contexts if neither keepalive nor any call event is received anymore
Speakerbus turrets fork RTP to preconfigured recorder ports. One turret is able to stream max 7 different media streams according to 7 media source mixing layout configured via iCMS (iManager Centralised Management Server). Intercom devices support one media stream only. Verba receives media on the same 7 configured ports from multiple devices and demultiplexes them based on media source address and turret address/expansion board address seen in call events. The port configuration is learnt from call events and ports are allocated on-demand.
Please be aware of that media ports should be selected from a range which can be dedicated to Verba service and are not subject of use from other applications. Verba active recorders (for Cisco/SIPREC/IP Trade....) might use media port range 16384-65535) which should not overlap this range if recorder server is integrated with these systems as well. The recommended range is: 3000-3007.
Speakerbus provides redundancy in 2N fashion (duplicated call events and media streams). This requires two Verba Unified Call Recorder instance one marked as primary other one as backup/secondary.
Call - user mapping on Verba side is based on the user id provided by the call event stream. The Speakerbus userid should be added to Verba as "user/agent id" extension type.
Activate and start Verba Unified Call Recorder service
- Configure iCDS to connect Verba recorder(s) on port 7788
- Configure turret profiles in iCMS according to desired media mixing layouts, media codecs and configure related primary (and in case of 2N topology: secondary) Verba RTP ports
- Provision Speakerbus userids for recording