A built-in capability of the Verint Verba platform, the Verba Cisco Announcement service can act as a Video On Hold server and provides Video on Hold (VoH) and Video in Queue (ViQ) in Cisco environments. This is a replacement option for the corresponding feature in the discontinued Cisco Mediasense product line.
Both for VoH and ViQ Verba does the following:
- Verba service listens on SIP, it is connected to CUCM via a SIP trunk
- Video call is routed to Verba then the service looks up media resource - directory number (DN) association and determines video clip to be played back
- After call is established and media negotiated the service starts streaming the video clip to the user endpoint
VoH and ViQ can be used both standalone or as part of a Verint Verba ethical wall or recording deployment.
Load-balancing and failover are available using CUCM route group/list configuration. It does not provide mid-call, only next-call failover.
The following tools are provided for configuration:
- A desktop application is provided to MP4 files to streaming-optimized format.
- Central video file and inbound DN management via the web interface
Understanding VoH/ViQ call flows
The following diagrams explain the related call flows.
Cisco ViQ Call Flow
Cisco VoH Call Flow
Setting up this feature consist of the following steps:
- Create a SIP trunk between Cisco platform and Verba
- Convert MP4 video clips to streaming optimized Verba format with the provided utility
- Upload media files and distribute between Verba nodes
- Create "Incoming call rules" for VoH/ViQ which defines the directory number - video clip matching
- VoH: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_0_1/systemConfig/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1201/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1201_chapter_0111110.html#CUCM_TK_CB007239_00
- ViQ: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/remote_expert_mobile/remote_expert_mobile_1061/configuration/guide/RCCT_BK_C58889DD_00_cisco-remobile-solution-configuration/RCCT_BK_C58889DD_00_cisco-remote-expert-mobile-standard_chapter_0100.pdf